Media Center

July 10, 2015

GA Sells amedes Group to Antin Infrastructure Partners

amedes Group, one of the leading providers of medical diagnostic services in Germany and Belgium, will continue its successful growth trajectory under new ownership. General Atlantic has agreed to sell its majority stake in amedes Holding AG to Antin Infrastructure Partners (“Antin IP”). The purchase price was not disclosed. The transaction is subject to approval by the competition authorities.

May 5, 2015

Delivery Hero acquires Turkish food delivery giant Yemeksepeti

Delivery Hero, the global leader in online and mobile food ordering, today announced the acquisition of Yemeksepeti in a transaction valued at US$589 million. This is the largest acquisition ever made in the online food ordering sector. The transaction further extends Delivery Hero’s position as the global market leader, now processing c. 10 million orders monthly which is far more than any other global player.

January 17, 2015

MeinFernbus and FlixBus Become One with the Aim Being to Establish a Europe-Wide Bus Network

FlixBus and MeinFernbus become one. Germany’s two largest bus service start-ups plan to pool their strengths to build a pan-European bus network.Over the next few months, Berlin-based MeinFernbus and Munich-based FlixBus will be connecting their national networks to create a comprehensive range of routes. Together with their 160 medium-sized bus partners, both companies aim to take Europe by storm.

December 16, 2014

Adyen Raises $250 Million in Funding to Accelerate Growth of Its Global Payments Platform

Adyen, a leading global payments technology company, today announced it has closed $250 million in funding. The funding round was led by global growth equity investor General Atlantic, with additional participation from Temasek, Index Ventures and Felicis Ventures.

December 8, 2014

General Atlantic Sells Half of Axel Springer Digital Classifieds Stake

Axel Springer increases its share in the online classified ads business from 70 per cent to 85 per cent with the option to purchase the remaining 15 per cent. If the option is exercised, General Atlantic is to receive Axel Springer shares as consideration. Change of the legal form of Axel Springer SE to a KGaA (partnership limited by shares) is being prepared.

January 22, 2014

Jan-Michiel Hessels, Former NYSE Euronext Chairman, Joins General Atlantic as Special Advisor Based in the Netherlands

General Atlantic LLC (GA), a leading global growth equity firm, today announced that Jan-Michiel Hessels, former Chairman of NYSE Euronext, has joined the firm as a Special Advisor in Europe based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Mr. Hessels brings over 30 years of experience across many industries to the role, and will work closely with GA’s global investment team to identify new investment opportunities as well as provide strategic support for the firm’s portfolio companies.

December 16, 2013

MeteoGroup Partners with Global Growth Investor, General Atlantic

MeteoGroup, Europe’s leading weather data and forecasting business, is pleased to announce that global growth equity firm, General Atlantic LLC (“GA”), has signed an agreement to acquire MeteoGroup from PA Group.

July 9, 2013

Hyperion Announces Completion of Investment by General Atlantic

Hyperion Insurance Group, the international insurance intermediary group, is pleased to announce that global growth equity firm, General Atlantic, has completed the acquisition of just under 30% of the shares in Hyperion from 3i and BP Marsh.  The transaction values the company at an equity value of £250 million.

May 30, 2013

Santander Reaches Agreement with Warburg Pincus and General Atlantic to Grow Its Global Asset Management Business

Banco Santander has entered into a definitive agreement with affiliates of leading global private equity firms Warburg Pincus and General Atlantic to boost the global growth of its asset management unit, Santander Asset Management (SAM). Under the agreement, which is conditioned upon regulatory and corporate approvals, Warburg Pincus and General Atlantic will jointly hold a 50% stake in a holding company that will integrate SAM's eleven asset management companies in the countries in which it operates. The remaining 50% will be owned by Grupo Santander.

March 27, 2013

General Atlantic buys into Hyperion Insurance Group

Hyperion Insurance Group, the international insurance intermediary group, is pleased to announce that global growth equity firm, General Atlantic, has signed an initial agreement to acquire just over 30% of the shares in Hyperion.  The transaction values the Company at an equity value of £250 million.



Mary Armstrong

+1 646 710 5626


Emily Japlon

+1 212 715 4038