Doctolib raises €150 million to accelerate the digital transformation of healthcare
- Doctolib has raised €150 million from long-term investors. The company currently is valued at over €1 billion.
- The funding is led by the global growth equity firm General Atlantic, its existing investors (Eurazeo, Bpifrance, Kernel and Accel) and several German healthcare entrepreneurs.
- Doctolib intends to use this capital to invest in:
- Growth acceleration in France and Germany;
- Promoting adoption of its telehealth solution;
- Product development;
- International expansion.
- Doctolib has a long-term mission to:
- create the medical practices and hospitals of the future;
- work closely with physicians and hospitals to improve access to healthcare, as well as the patient journey and experience.
Doctolib offers doctors and hospitals a software solution with a full range of services to help improve the efficiency of their operations, provide their patients with a more seamless experience, find new patients, and collaborate with other doctors. Doctolib offers more transparent access to healthcare for patients, by providing a full-suite of online services to manage their health. Doctolib allows patients to find nearby healthcare professionals, book / manage appointments online 24/7, have remote medical consultations via video and receive a digital prescription in their online account.
In only 5 years, Doctolib has become a leading ehealth service in Europe and receives 30 million online visits from patients every month. Doctolib works in partnership with a community of over 75,000 physicians and 1,400 healthcare facilities. The company employs 750 people and has offices in 40 cities across France and Germany.
Stanislas Niox-Chateau, Doctolib co-founder and CEO, said: “Our missions have been the same since day one: making our healthcare system more human, efficient and connected and building a company of several thousand people sharing humanist values. We believe that physicians are at the heart of the healthcare transformation: Doctolib team has the mission to create the best services possible with them.”
€150 million of funding from long-term investors
Doctolib has raised €150 million from long-term investors. The company currently valued at over €1 billion.
The funding is led by General Atlantic, a leading global growth equity firm, providing capital and strategic support for growth companies. Drawing from nearly 40 years of experience investing in over 350 global growth companies, General Atlantic partners with entrepreneurs and management teams who are building high-growth businesses. Doctolib shares GA’s long-term vision and strong philanthropic commitment, also recognising the value of its global footprint.
Chris Caulkin, Managing Director and Head of Technology for EMEA at General Atlantic, said: “The European healthcare market is at a digital inflection point. We believe technology is in the early innings of transforming how patients and doctors engage with healthcare, and that there is significant potential to improve the service delivery model and overall access to healthcare. We are very impressed by Doctolib’s progress in only five years. Their approach to healthcare digitization has delivered concrete results. We are very excited to join the Doctolib team in their mission to transform healthcare.”
Several German healthcare entrepreneurs have also invested in the new round of funding. They will support the continued success of Doctolib in Germany.
Doctolib’s existing investors including Accel, Eurazeo, Kernel and Bpifrance also participated in the round, reaffirming their trust in Doctolib and their long-term support to the management team.
Accelerating the digital transformation of healthcare
This fresh funding will allow Doctolib to accelerate its contribution to the digital transformation of healthcare, alongside physicians and hospitals. Doctolib will aim to:
- Double the size of its team in the next three years to support growth in its two domestic markets: Germany and France;
- Roll out its telehealth service to its community of 75,000 physicians and 1,400 healthcare facilities in France and Germany. Launched in January 2019, the telehealth module is already used by hundreds of doctors who can carry out video consultations with their patients, send them a digital prescription and bill them online automatically;
- Double its investment in technology, product and design. The company has two development centres in Paris and Berlin with 150 engineers and developers. Doctolib will work closely with physicians and hospitals to create new services for them and for their patients;
- Expand into new geographies in the coming years.
“The most important investment that we plan to make is in our own team. We plan to double the size of our team, and continue to invest in team happiness and personal development. We are 750 Doctolibers who have an entrepreneurial mindset. We are passionate about healthcare and the proposition we deliver to physicians, assistants and patients,” concludes Stanislas Niox-Chateau, Doctolib co-founder and CEO.
Founded in 2013, Doctolib is a Franco-German company, which has grown into a leading ehealth company in Europe. Doctolib offers doctors and hospitals a software solution with a full range of services to help improve the efficiency of their operations, provide their patients with a more seamless experience, find new patients, and collaborate with other doctors. Doctolib offers more transparent access to healthcare for patients, by providing a full-suite of online services to manage their health. Doctolib allows patients to find nearby healthcare professionals, book / manage appointments online 24/7, have remote medical consultations via video and receive a digital prescription in their online account. The company employs 750 staff in 40 cities in France and Germany. It collaborates with 75,000 physicians and 1,400 healthcare facilities and has 30 millions visits from patients on its services every month. For more information about Doctolib go to www.doctolib.fr or www.doctolib.de.
About General Atlantic
General Atlantic is a leading global growth equity firm providing capital and strategic support for growth companies. Established in 1980, General Atlantic combines a collaborative global approach, sector specific expertise, a long-term investment horizon and a deep understanding of growth drivers to partner with great entrepreneurs and management teams to build exceptional businesses worldwide. General Atlantic has more than 150 investment professionals based in New York, Amsterdam, Beijing, Greenwich, Hong Kong, Jakarta, London, Mexico City, Mumbai, Munich, Palo Alto, São Paulo, Shanghai, and Singapore. For more information on General Atlantic, please visit the website: www.generalatlantic.com